[poky] bitbake gs failed

Kang Kai Kai.Kang at windriver.com
Mon May 2 20:13:47 PDT 2011

> On Fri, 2011-04-29 at 14:45 +0800, Kang Kai wrote:
>> Hi Saul,
>>
>> When I import gs (ghostscript) from oe, I copy the whole directory of gs
>> from oe and put it at meta/recipes-extend/gs.  When run 'bitbake gs',
>> the bitbake comlains:
>>
>> ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'gs'
>> ERROR: Command execution failed: Traceback (most recent call last):
>>     File "/mnt/sda8/poky-neil/bitbake/lib/bb/command.py", line 102, in
>> runAsyncCommand
>>       commandmethod(self.cmds_async, self, options)
>>     File "/mnt/sda8/poky-neil/bitbake/lib/bb/command.py", line 200, in
>> buildTargets
>>       command.cooker.buildTargets(pkgs_to_build, task)
>>     File "/mnt/sda8/poky-neil/bitbake/lib/bb/cooker.py", line 827, in
>> buildTargets
>>       taskdata.add_provider(localdata, self.status, k)
>>     File "/mnt/sda8/poky-neil/bitbake/lib/bb/taskdata.py", line 353, in
>> add_provider
>>       self.add_provider_internal(cfgData, dataCache, item)
>>     File "/mnt/sda8/poky-neil/bitbake/lib/bb/taskdata.py", line 373, in
>> add_provider_internal
>>       raise bb.providers.NoProvider(item)
>> NoProvider: gs
>>
>> The bb file is in attachment.
>> Would you like to help me to check it?
>> Thank you!
>> Kai
> This means the dependency chain for gs is broken, when pulling a recipe
> from somewhere else you need to ensure all of its dependencies are
> present too:
>
> DEPENDS = "jpeg zlib fontconfig cups gs-tools-native"
>
> I don't think we have cups or gs-tools-native in oe-core?
cups has been added in yocto, and another file in the same directory is
named gs-tools-native_8.64.bb

After I remove the DEPENDS and RDEPNDS lines, run "bitbake gs", it still
failed with:

ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'gs'

Then I renamed the gs_8.64.bb to gs2_8.64.bb and run "bitbake gs2",
bitbake will find gs2 this time. Would you give some advices?

> Regards,
> Joshua
Regards,
Kai