[poky] meta-intel

Tom Zanussi tom.zanussi at intel.com
Fri May 13 06:27:05 PDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-05-13 at 05:08 -0700, Gary Thomas wrote:
> I'm using meta-intel (git://git.pokylinux.org/meta-intel.git) to
> test Poky on my Atom-PC (emenlow works fine).
>
> Where is the best place to ask for help with this?  Perhaps there
> should be a README in the layer to give such guidance?

Yeah, good point - it would make sense to add 'owner' contact info in
the BSP READMEs.  I'll do that for all the BSPs in meta-intel.

> Now, to my actual question.  I'm trying to understand the strange
> network behaviour I see when running qemu (see yesterday's thread).
> When I build for qemuXXX, I build & run core-image-sato.  On the
> real hardware (emenlow), I built core-image-sato-live, so I would
> think the only difference would be the USB-live packaging.  So
> why do I see such a different set of tasks running, once I log
> in via X?  See attached files.

Actually, the set of tasks doesn't look all that different to me.  But
they're also different BSPs (qemu vs emenlow) so I wouldn't expect them
to be exactly the same (different config options, additional packages,
etc).

Tom