[yocto] Setting root password

Rudolf J Streif rudolf.streif at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 08:17:02 PDT 2015

Hi Andy, Daniel

On Thursday, September 24, 2015 11:20:37 AM Daniel. wrote:

> Still, I think is a good ideia to understand what is going wrong with
> EXTRA_USERS_PARAMS, other users may having the same problem.

EXTRA_USERS_PARAMS works for me all the time. The stanza is what I am using in
my image recipes:

EXTRA_USERS_PARAMS = "\groupadd developers; \useradd -p `openssl passwd
${DEV_PASSWORD}` developer; \useradd -g developers developer; \
usermod -p `openssl passwd ${ROOT_PASSWORD}` root; \
"

If this is an accurate copy of what you are using  (from you first email)

> EXTRA_USERS_PARAMS = "usermod -P <encrypted_password> root;"

then the issue probably is the capital -P. It should be lowercase.

Cheers,
Rudi