[yocto] Buildbot / Autobuilder / custom?

Alain Achkar alain.achkar at triacta.com
Mon Nov 14 08:13:53 PST 2016

Thanks for your answers! From reading these links, it is still not clear to
me if this might be overkill for my requirements. AB Cluster Setup talks
about "*the worker requires 2+ TB to hold all the build temp files and git
repos. If build artifacts and a local sstate mirror are included,
additional worker space is required.*"

Currently, my build only takes 35GB, so I think what these links are
talking about is how to replicate what the Autobuilder project
https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/ already does.

To clarify, I am not interested in running builds and tests for everything
that Yocto already builds and tests (i.e. all the processor architectures,
all the machine types, etc.).  I am interested in running one build for one
machine type (the Variscite DART-6UL i.MX6UL arm-based processor, for which
NXP/Freescale and Variscite have provided recipes and layers for).

I know that autobuilder includes BuildBot (this is why I specified it in
parentheses) but my question remains: do I only install BuildBot and try to
build my machine type with it, or do I install Autobuilder?

--

*www.triacta.com  <http://www.triacta.com/>*